Sarah Huckabee Sanders: You are Welcome here in Virginia !

It turns my stomach when people have to turn everything into a political issue. Such was the case when the "Red Hen"- a  "farm to table" eatery in Lexington, Virginia , decided to casually dismiss Sarah Saunders as a patron. I don't understand the pettiness and the absurdity.  For heaven's sakes, why?  Why does it have be such an issue? Well, apparently, it was an issue because  the owner decided that her waitstaff was "uncomfortable" enough to be okay with serving Mrs Sarah Saunders. And it was because of her job.  Yes,  that's right. She was dismissed because she works for the President Of The United States. Golly, I'd hate to know what they think of people such as myself, who work for Chick-Fil- A :  A conservative and Christian friendly fast food establishment.  I better not mention I'm a Trump supporter at any restaurant I frequent. Liberals might spit in my food! The owner told Sarah Saunders that she did not reflect their "values" and was asked to leave. The gracious Sarah, simply said "okay", and left. What a lady!

The thing that really disturbs me is this wasn't in Bethesda, Maryland, or even Austin , Texas. This wasn't even in the D.C. area. This was in Lexington, Virginia- the heart of Trump Country.  The Shenandoah Valley was overwhelmingly Trump supporting, and Lexington, although a slightly left leaning enclave, is the middle of Rockbridge County, which voted almost 65% for the Donald.  It makes me so embarrassed that this had to happen here- now everyone will think we are all crazy liberals! But this does not reflect real Virginians, and it certainly doesn't reflect our true Southern hospitality.

Mrs Saunders, please know that you are welcome back in Virginia any 'ol time, and this "restaurant" does not reflect the values of the majority of the people that live here. Also know, that I think you are  a true lady! I don't see how you handled this situation so well. You are so brave, Mrs Saunders. And speaking on behalf of most of the entire populace of the great Commonwealth of Virginia, let me say, we are truly sorry this happened here!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where exactly is "The South" ?

My Loudoun County Home: Egypt Farm

My Family Connection to Pocahontas