The Days Ahead...

As they prepare to take away more statues and monuments and history, I was wondering how we can manage to cope with negativity all around us. I have a firm faith in God, and I believe truth shall prevail. If you ask me, there is something very sinister and very demonic behind this sudden  purge of the monuments and this sudden attack on American historical figures . I don't know why this is happening so quickly, but I do know there is a culture war that is still being fought in America. Moreover, I believe this is an attack on  Christian America. They do not like Christianity. They hate the thought that we are a Christian nation. When they finish removing all things Confederate, the next step is our Founding Fathers. This is very relevant to Virginia, since we are the mother of 8 presidents here. And figures such as Jefferson and Washington, and "Lighthorse"  Henry Lee, have their very footprints ingrained upon Virginia soil.


All we can do as a nation now is to pray. Pray for our leaders, pray for local and state government, and against all these things that are coming upon our great nation today.  I fail to understand this mentality- why people are obsessed with finding offense at everything. If we removed and discarded everything someone found offensive, there would be nothing left on this earth to remove. Some people are offended by the American flag. Some people don't like the Statue of Liberty. Some people do not like our motto "In God We Trust".  The thing that upsets me most, is a lot of these monuments and statues they are taking down are historical landmarks. They are a window to the soul of our  nation's past. If we remove them, we remove the history. Stuffing away in some museum somewhere doesn't cut it. Its not the same. Its not the whole story. We need to preserve all these historical treasures for future generations. When I think of how far we've come today in this great country of ours, it seems we are headed back in the wrong direction. Ironically, its all done in the name of "progress".

There are many evil things , in the false guise of discrimination and  "civil rights" that wish to tear down and annihilate the very fabric of America. We know that these people who want to destroy , are not leading us forward. Yet they are the ones that claim it is right to do so. I love the Commonwealth of Virginia, and I love the history here. I don't enjoy seeing this happen. But as much as I am dismayed, I realize that some times we have to let it happen, and let God be in control. I will not fight over a statue, but I wish they would simply leave them alone, and leave them in peace. General Robert. E. Lee said of himself that he was a vile sinner. Aren't we all?  We need to be closer to God more than ever in these our troubled times.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where exactly is "The South" ?

My Loudoun County Home: Egypt Farm

My Family Connection to Pocahontas